Friday, January 5, 2018

Alador's Journal as King- Livewrite

I have had multiple requests to continue the story of the Blue Dragon's Geas, you can find the series on Amazon.  I hope this journal will help fill the void until the next book is written.  Let me know your thoughts, including are these of value to you?



It has all happened so fast  Once the wounds I obtained from Luthian were healed, time became a swirl of confusion.  There was a coronation to plan, fortunately Sordith and Henrick were happy to head that up.  They didn't really ask, but I am not complaining.

I cannot help but reflect on the evening of the celebration.  First there was Mesi.  She had cornered  me as I was taking Latiera to her crib.  I love her.  I will always love her.  But, when she told me she could not stay in Silverport, I knew it was truth.  My heart wrenched to hear those words.  I knew I could never return to Smallbrook to live as I had grown up.  I am a powerful mage.  I am still a half-breed.  Now, I am conqueror and King.  There is no return for me.

Sordith pointed out that Nemara would be more accepted as Queen.  I do love her as well.  It is not with the deep longing that has driven me to protect Mesi, but rather as a close friend.  She has been there for me.  She found Rena's egg and brought it back to me.  I can count on her to be there when I need her.  I do believe that I will follow Sordith's advice and make her my Queen.  Everyone treats her as if she already is so it would be more of a formality.



Then, there was Dethara that awaited me in the nursery.  Her promise of a gift to Latiera haunts me.  I can remember the gift she gave to Renamaum as if I had stood there myself.  The only thing I can do is try to make sure Latiera never goes to the blessing circle as a dragon.  However, it is possible that I will not be able to prevent her.  I suspect that even Henrick would insist she attend as she is half dragon and therefore required to attend to take her place as an adult.

Dethara is a undulating God.  She can be coy, cruel, and recalcitrant.  I feel strongly that there is no way that a gift from her would ever be good for my child.  The Gods have a cruel sense of fate.  A child I can not wholly protect.  A crown I did not want.  Death follows me and yet life eludes me.  Power is at my hand and yet I do not wish it.  I would rue the day I found that cursed bloodstone, but then I would never have become the mage I am.  I would never have met Rena.  Will I be allowed a time of peace with those I care for, or have the Gods another twist to force upon me.

No comments:

Post a Comment